Thursday, June 30

Patriotism and Newspaper Creativity


Today we're finishing the paper on a somewhat accelerated schedule so that we can take both Friday and Monday off for the Independence Day holiday.

Thus, we've already got the proof back from Tracy, and are just finishing up proofing to get her changes by the end of the day.

Earlier this week Roundup intern Tressa and I met up with a local high school girl for a photo shoot, complete with a flag from Rep. Cynthia Lummis's office, and that's reason #452 why Wyoming's Congressional delegation is head and shoulders above other states'. :-)

Out of 150 photos I took that evening, there were a dozen that I really liked, and this is the one Tracy chose to work with:


I loved that we ended up using a gray horse - it made the photo's colors work together all that much better.

So anyway, when I saw the proof on the share drive earlier today I immediately called Tracy to tell her I love it. We really need to be more free with our creativity more often with the paper - that's my opinion, anyway.


Pardon the red pen - this is a photo of the proof, after all - but I really like the parchment background she added to the photo.

The quote says: "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine

If I don't get a chance to post again, have a happy 4th of July, and remember to be thankful for the blessings of freedom.

1 comment: