Sunday, November 27

Project: Christmas Lights!


This weekend Melissa came over from Lander to visit, and while she was here I enlisted her to help put Christmas decorations on the house, something Scott was very grateful for. :-)


This is the second year I outlined the house's roofline with lights, and I just had to remember the system I worked out last year.


We brought back extra pine boughs from our Christmas tree hunting trip, and used them to create four mini trees in some planters I bought from Ross and used for flowers all summer long.


Melissa helped by untangling and checking the light strands before handing them to me on the roof. Her dogs Miles and Chip also came to Casper to visit.


And Lucy was there.


And so was Foxy.


Levi's mini tree ended up on the table on the front porch. The wreath on the door is a creation of prior roommate Amanda.


Melissa also strung the lights and ribbon on our pine bough trees.


And I kept plugging away on the roofline, with a break to feed Levi inside.


Tada! I stepped outside to take a few photos after dark.


I really liked the pine boughs on the railings like I did last year, but I wanted something different this year. I think our mini trees are just the ticket.




After Melissa left I finished up a few things and put the timers on our extension cords, so now we're all set for the Christmas season!

We would have had a lot of this done yesterday, but Levi caught the cold that I had on Thanksgiving, so I spent a lot of time yesterday and last night with him. Thankfully he was back to his normal self today, and this morning all four of us went out to brand the colts in a wind that was much stiffer than we expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment