Thursday, February 3

Homemade English muffins



Does it get better than this?

The photo alone is enough to inspire me to make some tonight, and enjoy them with eggs, bacon, cheese and some leaf lettuce. The recipe calls for all white flour, but I like the store-bought whole-wheat English muffins so much that I'd probably change the recipe to whole-grain.

Here's the link so you can have the recipe for yourself: Tasty Kitchen Blog - English Muffins.

I found the recipe and photo tutorial on a rabbit trail from my main goal of finding a Superbowl menu. Here's what I've settled on for Sunday, although it's subject to change on a whim or inspiration. :-)

- Pizza Rolls - a recipe of my own devising, as I didn't find one that I liked. Fashioned after the Old Chicago appetizer. I'll let you know how it goes.
- Mushroom and Swiss Sliders with Spicy Fry Sauce - from Pioneer Woman Cooks
- Tomato/cheese/Rotel/ground beef dip - Again, nothing that has a specific recipe. Throw it all together and heat!
- White Chocolate Party Mix - from Taste of Home. Because I'm pretty sure Scott can still taste the recipe my mom made at Christmas time.
- S'more Brownies - a definite favorite, good for taking to brandings, that I haven't made in a couple years. From Food Network.
- And... perhaps soft pretzels with mustard sauce? If I have the time and/or ambition come Saturday. Mostly, I'd make them because they sound really good to me, and I know I'd eat one or two. Or more.

1 comment:

  1. You are your mother's daughter. If I lived closer, I would come over this weekend & help you make all of this delicious food! It sounds like you are going to have a great party. :)

    ReplyDelete