Wednesday, August 10

Five Years: Then and Now

Driving across Nebraska, with my parents pulling the Airstream camper and my brother pulling the livestock trailer with three horses. I followed in my yellow Mercedes, which actually just came back to live in Wyoming last month.
In honor of my five-year anniversary here in Wyoming, here are a few 'then-and-nows' that I've been reminiscing about this week:


Then: When I got to Wyoming I moved into Aspen Court Apartments on Casper's east side, and lived there for nearly four years. I always liked my apartment, and didn't mind the space itself. It was the neighbors I got really tired of.


Now: About a year and a half ago I purchased my little yellow house. It was love at first sight when I first walked in with the realtor, and I still love it. This photo was from last November... that's why it's snowy but there's still pumpkin decor. :-) Living in a house of my own suits me much better than renting an apartment, though the apartment served its purpose very well.

*** no picture ***

Then: When I moved to Wyoming I was still with the 'ex.'


Now: I've been married almost a year to Scott, and it's been wonderful! Not a day goes by that he doesn't tell me I'm beautiful and how much he loves me. If I had it to do all over again, I'd have ended things with the ex when I moved here and had it over and done with. Things have been so much better since I met and married Scott, and I'm very happy.

A few short weeks after I started with the paper we got to work on our Fall Cattlemen's Edition. That was the first year we featured a county, so I got a lovely introduction to Wyoming through a trip to Sublette County for interviews and photos.
Then: I started out with the Roundup as assistant editor.

Last week I wrapped up interviews for this year's Fall Cattlemen's Edition, which will feature Big Horn County. This is the 11th Cattlemen's Edition I've worked on - we do two each year.
Now: Almost two years ago I took the position of managing editor for the paper. It's certainly been a challenge, and was a learning curve, but things are going great and it doesn't seem like five years since I've started. I can honestly say there has not been a single day that I've hated my job and/or really not wanted to come to the office. Granted, there are always things a person don't 'feel' like doing, but that will happen anywhere. I'm fortunate to have a good job with great coworkers that allows me to travel the state, meet new people and constantly learn and do new things.

With that, I better wrap it up for this post, as there are articles for this week's paper calling my name. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment